Sunday 20 February 2011

PORTUGAL

Hello! my name is Déborah and my talk is going to be about Portugal.
First of all, Portugal is a country in European Union, and it's a republic country; there isn't a king.
It capital is Lisboa, it's the biggest and the richest city of Portugal, and the principal economic center.
Other important cities are Oporto, Aveiro (considered the Portuguese Venice), Braga, Chaves, Coimbra, Évora and Portimao.
The language of this country is the portuguese, and it's spoken also in Brasil, Angola, Mozambique, Cabo Verde, Santo Tomé y Príncipe and Timor Oriental.

Secondly, I'm going to speak about the economy. The economy of Portugal has turned into a diversified economy, wich is based on services.
The principal indrustries of this country are the industry of the car, the production of cement and the paper and textil industry.
The currency of Portugal is the Euro, since January 2002.

Finally, I'm goint to talk about it history. It's own one of the European nation wich origins go back to the Low Middle Ages.
The most visited monuments are the Convent of Crucifix, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and the National Pantheon.
Overall, the weather is mediterranean, with rain in the north and hot in the south.
The coffe and the beer are very important of Portugal and the cod is the tradicional food there.
I chose this country because I've visited it five or six times in my life and I like it so much.
In my opinion, I think Portugal is a very nice and cheerful country.

Thank you , bye!


No comments: