Wednesday 23 February 2011

Denmark

Hello! My name is Sofia and I’m going to write about Denmark.
First of all, I’m going to write about the geography. Denmark is a Scandinavian country in Northern Europe. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland and many islands, such as Zealand or Funen.
Denmark has been a member of the European Union since 1973, although it has not joined the Euro zone.
Copenhagen is the capital and the largest city of Denmark. The second largest city in Denmark is Aarush. Aarush is and old Viking Age city and one of the oldest cities in the country.
The national language in Denmark is Danish and the currency is Danish Krone.
Now I’m going to write about the economy of Denmark. Denmark has the highest minimum wage in the world, but Danish people have to pay the highest taxes in Europe.
One of the most important monuments in Denmark is the Little Mermaid, that is a character known all around the world.
Traditions: Fastelavn is the name for Carnival in Denmark which is on Sunday or Monday before Ash Wednesday. In Fastelavn “they took the cat in the barrel “, the game is banging with a stick to a barrel with surprises, like a piñata, until it breaks.
Finally, I’m going to write about my opinion. I would like to visit this country because it’s a country very beautiful and Danish people lives very well.
Thank you !
Bye !

No comments: