Thursday 5 November 2009

Parque de Lisboa News 4



Welcome to our fourth program. Today we will speak about a man having to pay a lot of money  for his electricity bill, a trip to the National Museum of Science and the real meaning of Christmas. But first,

HUGE ELECTRICITY BILL.
A man in Asturias received last week an electricity bill for three months worth 26 million euros. The man, who runs a workshop, thinks that the biggest companies have done this to eliminate him as competitor. He said: "I used to pay aproximately 250 euros every month for the electricity bill, but one day I recieved a bill worth 400 euros; next month, 1400 euros and from this up to 26 millions... I think it's exccesive". The electricity company says that it is a mistake, but up to now they have not done anything to solve the problem. (By Álvaro Muñoz).

SCHOOL TRIP TO THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF SCIENCE.
On day 18 or 20, November, the IES Parque de Lisboa will make a trip to the Natural Science Museum to visit an exhibition about Darwin, wich began on July 10th 2009 and will end on January 11th, 2010. The exhibiton gives an updated form about the bases and principles that underpin the theory of evolution. It illustrates samples of the circumstances that preceded Darwin's scientific, social and religious context, his journey on the Beagle and the development of the theory of evolution by natural scientists in eighteenth century Spain. (By Rubén Panes).

DECEMBER 25th SOON, SOON, SOON.

I'm going to tell you about something that worries me and, I suppose, a lot of people. Today, 5th of November, I'm writing this piece of news but I began to become sad two weeks ago, when I saw a poster saying: "Se vende lotería de Navidad". It made me think... What's Chrismas? Or more importantly, what's the meaning of Chrismas for us? Since that moment I started to be interested on TV ads. Now, we only can watch toys for children, it's a continuous bombardment of commercial products. The worst thing is that we are the ones to be blamed, we've turned Christmas into something material and ephemeral... We've forgotten the Spirit of Christmas!! I'm so sad with this fact, wether you're a believer or not! We must think that, at least, Christmas is a time for staying with the family and that society shouldn't steal our illusion with consumerism. (By David Cirbián).

2 comments:

Lorena Gómez said...

Your news are interesting!
I agree with what david said and the new of Alvaro is very strong, very unfair to the poor man...
Congratulations for de news!!

David Cirbián said...

Thank's Lorena!!